Lead Technologist, Payments
We are looking for a Senior Developer, Technologist & Professional with excellent communication skills, a strategic mindset and the skills to build and implement the company’s new platform. It is important that the individual have a strong and diverse background in not only software development projects but also client-facing soft skills that foster positive communications and trust with new customers as the business grows.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure alignment between IT and business realms; strive for transparency and open communications across both groups.
- Work closely with the Enterprise and Solution Architects to analyze/document current and future state technical architecture and design models, detail technical requirements and architectural roadmaps, and conduct technical analysis of client current state technologies.
- The Tech/Dev Lead will be responsible for moving the projects through the development lifecycle and then working with the discipline leads to get testing plan and deployment methodologies defined and proven, as well as managing client reviews and securing client sign off on the projects code delivery.
- Enable Problem Management and root cause problem solving through strong ITSM process control across organization
- Act as consultant as well as provide support during the implementation; such as answering architecture related questions, helping to mitigate risk, resolve issues, review/approve/update about key design changes for augmentation or enhancement of the Solution Architecture.
- Build and maintain ongoing operational support of solutions stack (servers, storage, middleware, databases, etc.) in a cloud-based environment
- Assist with monitoring, incident management and creative troubleshooting of the entire environment
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
- Responsible for working with the development team and coordinating day to day activities in ensuring project budget and timelines
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of an e-Commerce implementation.
- Provide hands-on code, expert-level technical assistance to developers and complete development (coding) when necessary.
- Lead and Manage project scrums to ensure quality in delivery and process.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Computer Science (preferred) or related field.
- 7-15 years of experience in hands-on software design and deployment in either a professional services or in-house systems administration role
- Experience in payments or financial technology strongly desired, i.e. TSYS, Elavon, First Data, etc.
- Experience in working with junior resources to ensure knowledge transfer and expertise buildup
- Experience working with geographically dispersed highly motivated and innovative teams
- Familiar with cloud-based architecture, including data management and integration architecture
- Experience with .NET, Azure platform, and various Microsoft tools
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, start-up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
Benefits and Perks
Our client will offer the successful candidate an attractive compensation package reflecting the size and scope of the role. Other employee benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K retirement savings with employer match, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, paid time off and paid holidays.