Head of Sales
A fast-growing payments technology start-up is seeking a hands-on Head of Sales that will report to the CEO. The qualified candidate will bring a proven track record in exceeding expectations in both revenue growth and in hiring, training, and developing inside and outside sales teams within the B2B sector. You will be responsible for clarifying, creating expectations, and managing to overall sales cycle. You will be expected to collaborate closely with teams across the company to execute strategies and key initiatives that drive organic business growth and partner/customer loyalty.
Founded in 2015, executives from card schemes and healthcare saw a critical opening for a B2B commercial payments platform that could service mid- to large-market companies. They envisioned the company as a way to execute in this market, unlocking the business value of payables for other efficiency-minded executives.
Their payment technology identifies which suppliers can be paid electronically, then routes those payments without requiring bank account information. Their proprietary network identifies, delivers, and supports multiple forms of payment, generating revenue and cost savings for AP departments while offering complete visibility and control of the payment process.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Meet and/or exceed broad goals including, but not limited to, revenue, customer growth, and sales expenses
- Drive the clear establishment of performance expectations, coaching, performance management, career development, discipline, reward and recognition, hiring, and positive morale
- Manage Forecasts, Pipelines and predictability of revenue achievement at the individual and team levels
- Manage the entire sales cycle to ensure visibility into and predictability of the lead-to-close process
- Grow, train, and manage inside and outside national sales teams, including the creation of sales strategies and benchmarks for analyzing performance
- Build and maintain strong relationships with C-level executives of key target clients and channel partners
- Collaborate with the marketing team on lead generation and other marketing needs
- Partners with CEO to create optimal compensation plans that align employee behaviors with organizational goals
- Regularly communicates with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and accomplishments
- Own responsibility for sales volume and revenue forecasting and reporting
- A minimum of 10 years leading sales, marketing, business development in a complex B2B software sales environment including 5 years of experience in a senior direct sales leadership role where goals were exceeded
- Has demonstrated scaling revenues from upwards of $10M+
- Successful experience in leading a presales organization alongside direct, field sales
- Must have proven track record of sales growth and sales management
- Must be a leader who rolls up their sleeves, digs in, and gets your hands very dirty
- Must have a knack for identifying growth talent, has built teams from the ground up
- Experience leading teams through Venture Financed Growth, M&A, and/or business model change
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel up to 75% – 100%
- Demonstrates proven leadership skills to create extraordinary employee and customer experiences
- Must optimize for speed over “perfect”
- Must have a strong desire to please and delight customers
- Integrity at the highest level
- At least 5 years’ experience in the payments or SaaS industry
- Working in a start-up or smaller organization with minimal resources
- Commercial Card or related financial services environment preferred
- Experience with ERP Solutions highly preferred
Qualified candidates please click here to apply.